When You Arrive
When you arrive on our build site, you’ll be greeted by the Site Host who will have you do the following things:
- Sign in as a volunteer to log your hours.
- Sign a waiver if you haven’t done so with us in the last year. You can sign the Release and Waiver Form prior to coming on site if you like.
- Go through the day’s safety procedures and outfit yourself in the necessary safety gear.
Parking at Build Sites
We kindly ask that you do not park in front of mailboxes and that you spread your vehicles out along the road so neighbors still have some street parking available. Thanks for helping us be good neighbors!
Age Requirements to Volunteer
The official rules from Habitat for Humanity International for youth under the age of 18 are:
- Children under 14 are not allowed on the build site regardless of tasks being conducted.
- Youth ages 14-16 can do landscaping and other non-construction activities (MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
- 17-year-olds can do tasks that don’t involve power tools, climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc. (MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
Please check the tasks of the day before bringing people 14-17 to the build site. Or, get involved in a number of other ways if you are too young to build! Other needs on the build site are:
- Prepare and bring a meal to bring to the volunteers on the build site.
- Prepare and bring snacks for morning or afternoon – you can make some cookies or bars to bring out to the site (or make a bunch and we’ll freeze them to use in the future).
- Have a fundraiser at your school or church for Habitat. Be as creative as you want: offer to babysit and have the pay go to Habitat, offer to rake leaves of a neighbor and have the pay go to Habitat, have a bake sale, collect coins at your church and you can pick out an item for the house to buy, or come up with something us completely.