Reliable Retirees help Habitat…
Temperatures were high and there was barely a breeze, but Larry Narhi, Larry Menzel and Jim Cross were hard at work building Faribault’s first Habitat for Humanity house of the season.
As three members of Rice County Habitat for Humanity’s Go-To Crew, Narhi, Menzel and Cross volunteer with the organization regularly. Thanks to their efforts, and those of 12 to 15 other Northfield and Faribault residents, the usual two houses built per season has increased to five. “All of us are retired, so if we find time to help someone, we’re certainly willing to,” said Menzel, who is currently helping with his sixth Rice County Habitat for Humanity house. Read more from the Faribault News…
Say “Hi” to the Mohamed/Ahmed Family, our Partner Family for 715 Willow Street in Faribault!
The building has already begun at 715 Willow Street for this family! This is the largest family Habitat has built with in Rice County. The family of 11 will have a 6 bedroom home and will be built to accommodate the special needs of their 14 year old daughter who is in a wheelchair. You might recall reading about Lul, the daughter. She was walking to school one day and was hit by a driver, throwing her 30 feet. You can read more here…
If you’d like to volunteer at this house click HERE.
Ground Breaking at 1004 Central Avenue, Faribault
We welcomed Christine Chambers and her granddaughter at our ground breaking on July 17. We are looking forward to starting that build – we’re hoping the end of July we’ll dig the hole and get going!
Click HERE to see all the pictures from the groundbreaking.
We TORE DOWN the house to make room for a new house!
THANKS to Randy Timm with Timm’s Trucking for helping us out with this property!
2018 Buy a Foot
You can support our 2018 Build Season by contributing to our BUY A FOOT campaign. You can give by credit card through this LINK or by sending us a check:
Rice County Habitat for Humanity
204 7th Street West, PMB 128
Northfield, MN 55057
If you have questions please call us at 507-323-5167
Ways to Give
- Mail – mail a donation to Rice County Habitat for Humanity, 204 7th Street West, PMB 128, Northfield, MN 55057 (this is Graphic Mailbox in Northfield).
- Credit Card – give online through Habitat for Humanity International. This indicates that 100% of your donation will go to Rice County. Please consider a monthly gift.
- Ask Your Bank – set up Rice County Habitat for Humanity as a payee of a bill pay system with your bank. You can regularly support a mission you care about! Make sure they list the address as: 204 7th Street West, PMB 128, Northfield, MN 55057
- Stock Gift – we are ready to accept your gift of stock! Call us for the details.
- Planned Giving – contribute through will and estate planning to leave your legacy with Rice County Habitat for Humanity.
- Employer Matches– does your employer match your donations to non-profits? Get the proper forms to us and we’ll let them know that Rice County Habitat is an organization you support!
- Thrivent Choice – Thrivent members can now direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to Rice County Habitat for Humanity. Learn more about Thrivent Choice.
Thank you for giving to Rice County Habitat for Humanity!