Rice County Habitat for Humanity and Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity are thrilled to announce the hiring of Jodi Beach as a shared Volunteer Coordinator. Jodi brings years of experience as an elementary School teacher, along with her enthusiasm as a volunteer with the Farmington Library system to our affiliates, and both are in need of Jodi’s help to recruit and encourage volunteers for our build season. Rice County has set a goal of building five homes this year, and Goodhue County will build one, renovate one and begin a build with the Red Wing School system. These are ambitious goals aimed directly at the problem of affordable housing in our communities. Many volunteers will be needed and Jodi’s skills will be a great asset in the effort. We are grateful to Habitat for Humanity International and a grant from Housing and Urban Development (HUD Section 4), who has helped fund this position. Rice and Goodhue have been working over the years to find ways to collaborate in an effort to use resources more effectively. This latest collaboration is an experiment for HFHI and one that we think we set a course for other Habitat affiliates to think outside the box. We are excited to see what Jodi will bring to our ministry. We hope you have a chance to meet her soon!
Jodi’s contact information:
Gillen House Dedication!
THANKS to the over 45 people who came to our house dedication for Kashina Gillen and her family on Tuesday night. What a thrill to be able to welcome Kashina into her new home!
You can see all the pictures HERE!
And watch this video about how this young man is going to set up his new room!!!
2018 Buy a Foot
You can support our 2018 Build Season by contributing to our BUY A FOOT campaign. You can give by credit card through this LINK or by sending us a check:
Rice County Habitat for Humanity
204 7th Street West, PMB 128
Northfield, MN 55057
If you have questions please call us at 507-323-5167
Ways to Give
- Mail – mail a donation to Rice County Habitat for Humanity, 204 7th Street West, PMB 128, Northfield, MN 55057 (this is Graphic Mailbox in Northfield).
- Credit Card – give online through Habitat for Humanity International. This indicates that 100% of your donation will go to Rice County. Please consider a monthly gift.
- Ask Your Bank – set up Rice County Habitat for Humanity as a payee of a bill pay system with your bank. You can regularly support a mission you care about! Make sure they list the address as: 204 7th Street West, PMB 128, Northfield, MN 55057
- Stock Gift – we are ready to accept your gift of stock! Call us for the details.
- Planned Giving – contribute through will and estate planning to leave your legacy with Rice County Habitat for Humanity.
- Employer Matches– does your employer match your donations to non-profits? Get the proper forms to us and we’ll let them know that Rice County Habitat is an organization you support!
- Thrivent Choice – Thrivent members can now direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to Rice County Habitat for Humanity. Learn more about Thrivent Choice.
Thank you for giving to Rice County Habitat for Humanity!