Business Builders are businesses in our community who have said YES to the following:
- Designate 3 people who will be advocates for Habitat within their business
- Commit to your business volunteering with Habitat in some way throughout the year. Does your business have Volunteer Time Off (VTO)? We’d love to have your team on site!
- Commit to a financial contribution annually.
If you’re interested in learning more about being a Business Builder with Habitat for Humanity, call Executive Director, Dayna Norvold, 507-323-5167 contact Dayna HERE.
Read MORE about Business Builders.
Who Are Our Business Builders?
Business Highlight – Marty Chiropractic
Since 2008 Marty Chiropractic in Burnsville has held an annual fundraiser to benefit Rice County Habitat. They set aside one day and ask all their patients to give a donation instead of making a payment. Since 2008 this fundraiser has contributed over $10,000 to help build simple, decent and affordable homes. Thanks Marty Chiropractic!
Tell your employees about Habitat!
You may have employees who may qualify for our program. We’re asking you to help us in getting information to your employees. You don’t have to ask any questions, you don’t have to know the specifics of our program, you don’t have to worry about giving out right or wrong information – all we’re asking is that you do any or all of the following:
- Include THIS THIRD OF A PAGE FLYER in the paystub envelope to your employees, or any other communication mechanism you have with them.
- If appropriate, provide a time for Cheri, Community Engagement Coordinator, to come and talk with interested employees about Habitat. This could be:
- A “lunch and learn” – where during a lunch period Cheri comes and share about Habitat
- Cheri can come to your all staff meeting. Sometimes employers have HR reps who know the housing hardships of specific employees. In that case, that HR rep could set up a meeting with that employee and Cheri to discuss Habitat.
Rice County Habitat works to partner with people to build safe, decent and affordable homes. We believe that stable housing leads to stable communities and families. We believe that stable housing leads to stable employees which benefit your business.